1. Collection and storage of personal data; nature and purpose of its use
a) Visiting our website
When you visit our website alex-marx.com, the browser on your computer automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file ,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, where applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your access provider
The data listed above will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure smooth operation of the website,
- To make website use as convenient as possible,
- To evaluate system security and stability
- For other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as an individual.
b) When entering into a contract and performance of the contract We process your master data, i.e. last name, first name and address (professional and/or private) as well as your contact data, including email address and/or telephone number for preparing and/or performing our services and/or for sending you additional information about our services, if you have requested this and have transmitted your data to us (Art. 6 (1) b GDPR).
If you provide us with additional contact data and/or master data of third parties (e.g. employees, partners, representatives, agents, consultants or other third parties), we have a legitimate interest in also processing their data for preparing and/or performing services and/or for providing you with further information about our services.
2. Data transfer
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only transfer your personal data to third parties, if
- you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence1 a GDPR,
- there is a legal obligation to transfer pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 c GDPR; and
- this is permitted by law and is necessary for processing the contractual relationship with you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 b GDPR.
4. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
to request information about what personal data is processed by us about you in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the purpose of processing; the category of personal data; the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed; the planned retention period; the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection; the existence of a right to lodge a complaint; the origin of your data, if not collected by us; and the existence of automated individual decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- to immediately request the rectification of incorrect personal data stored by us or to have incomplete personal data stored by us completed in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- to restrict the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful, but you object to erasure of the data, and we no longer need the data, but you require the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future.
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority responsible for your usual place of residence or workplace or our offices for this purpose.
5. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Sentence 1 f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this related to your particular situation or the objection is related to direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without requiring specification of a particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Data security
We use the common SSL (secure socket layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. The key or closed lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser indicates whether a page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
7. Transfer to third countries
Your data will only be processed within the European Union and countries within the European Economic Area (EEA). In any other case, we will inform you separately in advance, including about the right to object to such data transmission at any time.
8. How long do we store personal data?
We store your personal data only as long as this is necessary for the provision of the associated contractual services. This takes into account the duration of the actual business relationship and the data processing performed as part of entering into and the performance of contracts. We are also subject to various retention and documentation obligations based on, among others, the German Commercial Code (HGB) and German Fiscal Code (AO), which specify periods of retention and documentation of five to ten years. Finally, the retention period is also assessed taking into account the statutory limitation periods.
9. Validity of the privacy statement and its amendment
The current valid version of this privacy statement is dated May 2018. Due to the further development of our website and offers as stipulated above, or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this privacy statement. You can retrieve and print out the currently valid privacy statement at any time on our website.